Are you in need of a new set of wheels for cruising around The Battlefords, but trying to stick to a budget? Buying a used car is a great way to save money while still getting an incredibly high-quality vehicle! Whether you need a tough-as-nails work truck, family-friendly SUV or compact commuter car, North Battleford Hyundai is here to help you find an affordable and dependable used vehicle. Not sure how to go about buying a used car? We’ve outlined some helpful tips to keep in mind during your used car-buying journey!
• Consider Your Needs. If you’re strictly using your vehicle for commuting from The Battlefords to Saskatchewan, then a compact car that’s great on fuel might be just what you need. If regular weekend camping trips are a part of your lifestyle, then a crossover or SUV that can store all of your gear might be a better option. Think about what you’ll primarily be using your vehicle for to help you narrow down the type of vehicle that will work best for your needs.
• Consider Your Budget. You should decide on the maximum monthly amount that you can afford on a vehicle early in the process. Look at the prices of vehicles that interest you, but be sure to also think about insurance, saving money for repairs and the cost of fuel and routine maintenance. You may also need to pull your credit history to get an idea of the financing options that will be available to you. Don’t worry - the experts at our Finance Centre are here to walk you through your options!
• Consider the Value. Purchasing a used vehicle is often a great way to maximize a vehicle’s value. It’s no secret that brand new cars depreciate in value relatively quickly during their first few years of use. You can often find a fully-loaded used set of wheels with all of the bells and whistles for a similar price as a brand new base model.
There are many reasons why buying a used car through a dealership instead of a private seller is the way to go:
• Private sellers have few (if any) legal ramifications for selling you a used vehicle that ends up being unreliable or not what you expected.
• Dealerships have Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles, which is the ultimate in used-car security. Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles undergo rigorous 120-point inspection and testing, and often come with added perks like warranty packages, 30-day/2,000 km exchange privileges and special financing rates.
• Dealerships do a thorough vehicle inspection for you, including accident and owner history, to save you time and help put your mind at ease. They’ll also give the vehicle a full detailing, check oil and tire pressure and make sure that your vehicle looks and performs as good as new when you drive off the lot.
• If you already own a vehicle, you often have to worry about selling it before you can buy another set of wheels. With a dealership, we’ll offer a fair trade-in value and make the transition from your old car into a new one seamless.
• Private sellers are typically selling just one vehicle, while dealerships have a variety of used cars, so that you can still test drive multiple vehicles and choose the one that works for you. You’ll get the full car-buying experience and save money when you purchase a used vehicle from a dealership like North Battleford Hyundai!
Although North Battleford Hyundai specializes in Hyundai vehicles, we have a wide range of previously-driven cars, trucks, minivans, crossovers and SUVs from many different car manufacturers on our lot. Browse our inventory of used vehicles, or reach out to one of our team members to discuss your options - we’ll make sure that you drive away happy in the perfect used vehicle!